Monthly Archives: October 2018

Godaddy weirdness

This site was offline for a week or so and I couldn’t figure out what was going on. It looks like what happened was that somehow the IP address in the A record was changed to¬†173.212.241.155, which is somewhere in Europe, instead of the correct address listed for the basic web hosting at Godaddy. Once I changed it back, it was just a matter of letting caches clear up and now I’m back.

Waiting for customer support chat to see if they can explain it, but I might give up on the wait…

The previous support person suggested that I needed to activate SSH access on the account, which I did… but despite waiting more than the recommended 72 hours, I was not able to log in via SSH, although I was able to do an SFTP connection via Filezilla (but not with BBEdit).